* Can Wipeout app hide individual variants? Example: I have a T-shirt with blue & red color variants. Blue is in-stock but Red is out-of-stock. Can the app hide just the Red variant?
Answer: Shopify does not allow individual variants(color, size etc or their combination) to be hidden. They only allow the entire product to be hidden. You can verify this by trying to hide just one variant of a product manually from the Shopify product admin page. So our Wipeout app will hide a product only when only when all variants of a product are sold out.
You can disable sold-out variants from being selected by your store's customers or hide them from a product page by editing your theme's HTML/CSS. You do not need any app for that. See this link below for instructions:
* Is your app really free or is it a free trial?
Answer : Our app is really free :) All the features in the paid option are available in the free option as well except for the automatic hide/un-hide feature and excluding products. FREE use of app is allowed only to stores with less than 3000 products to ensure high service quality for everyone. Please upgrade to paid plan if your store exceeds the 3000-product limit
* How's your customer support?
Answer : Just check out our app's reviews that praise our customer support : . We are a highly responsive team. All queries will be answered within 24 hours (typically sooner than that).
* I installed the app but my out-of-stock products are still visible
Answer: If you've selected the automatic hide or automatic un-hide options then the hide/un-hide actions will happen once a day at the scheduled time of 5:30AM Eastern time. You will receive emails with the list of hidden/un-hidden products. If you have installed the free version of the app then please scroll down the page to the "Kick off manual cleanup" section and press the button to kick off hide/un-hide as per your selection. You will receive emails with the list of hidden/un-hidden products.
* When a hidden product throws a 404 error because of old links from Pinterest, Facebook etc how do I redirect the customer to an custom information page
* I have a product with both in-stock & out-of-stock variants. How will your app handle this situation?
Answer: Shopify does not allow apps to hide individual variants. They only allow the entire product to be hidden. You can verify this by trying to hide just one variant of a product manually from the Shopify products page. So our Wipeout app will hide a product only when only when all variants of a product are sold out. See answer to the first question of FAQ on how you can selectively hide sold-out variants.
* We have an online store and POS location selling the same products. Does auto-hide of out of inventory products online also hide the products from POS? We need our POS to always show inventory.
Answer: The Wipeout app only hides products in the online store. It skips POS products by default. We've tested this on our developer store. We suggest you export your store before trying Wipeout just in case you are not happy with the results.
* We have products in multiple channels through shopify: Pinterest, Facebook, Twitter, and shopify store itself. Can the Wipeout app hide products across all the channels?
Answer: The Wipeout app only hides products in the online store. Shopify does not provide a way for apps to hide or show products only on specified sales channels. Shopify says they'll have the feature available soon for app developers.
See latest update from Shopify Staff as of October 2015 with no ETA: https://ecommerce.shopify.com/c/shopify-apis-and-technology/t/published_scope-doesn-t-display-correct-channels-web-global-or-mobile-273520#comment-290715
* Will the app skip products with publish date in the future?
Answer : Shopify does not share the future list date of products with app developers. So you will have to manually add such products to the exclusion list in the app to prevent them from being published by the app's un-hide option. We are working on a way to make this less cumbersome.
* We have several dozen products that we sell in our brick and mortar store using Shopify POS that we DO NOT want to show on our online store. We had them hidden on our online store before we installed the app and now they are showing on our online store because they have quantities. How can we hide them on our online store even though we have them on hand?
Answer: You can add the products you don't want the app to touch to the Exclusions list. You can find the exclusions list if you scroll down the app's settings page.
Shopify does not provide a way for apps to hide or show only web products when you also have the same product on POS. Shopify says they'll have the feature available soon for app developers.
See latest update from Shopify Staff as of October 2015 with no ETA - https://ecommerce.shopify.com/c/shopify-apis-and-technology/t/published_scope-doesn-t-display-correct-channels-web-global-or-mobile-273520#comment-290715
* Can the Wipeout app delete sold-out products?
Answer: We no longer provide the delete option. We removed it after we found some merchants accidentally deleting products they did not intend to. The Shopify export we recommend performing before delete does not export photos. Since a delete is irreversible we have removed the option because of the risk involved.
* I need a feature that is not in your app? Can you add it
Answer : No problem. Just send us the feature request and we will get it done for you at the earliest. If you have a feature request then most likely other storeowners have the same need. Usually if we are not working on someone else's feature request, we jump on yours immediately. Please Note: the feature should be an enhancement to the core functionality of the app and should not be a custom request just for your store.